Used compressed air equipment can be a great deal for companies who need to control or reduce capital expenditures—an important consideration in times of economic uncertainty. Fluid-Aire Dynamics has dozens of reconditioned used air compressors and air dryers available now. Is buying used right for your company?
Used Compressed Air Equipment vs. New: Which is Right for You?
Should you buy new or used compressed air equipment? The decision is much like deciding between a new or used car. The new model will come with a full manufacturer’s warranty and all of the latest safety features and bells and whistles. You won’t get as many years of use out of a used air compressor or air dryer as you would from a new one.
On the other hand, a used model costs a whole lot less than a new one, so you can get up and running quickly without laying out too much cash up front or taking on a lot of debt. A good reconditioned air compressor or air dryer may have several years of service left in it, for as little as 1/2 of the cost of a new unit. Buying used now can help companies expand or maintain operations even when budgets are tight.
Buying used compressed air equipment makes sense if:
- You want to conserve cash and avoid debt but need to replace an air compressor or air dryer immediately to keep operations running.
- You are expanding operations and don’t want to invest in new compressed air equipment until the expansion is profitable.
- You need a backup system but don’t want to spend too much on equipment that will not be used as heavily as your main system.
Buying Reconditioned Air Compressors and Air Dryers
When buying used compressed air equipment, it is important to work with a reputable dealer who knows how to evaluate and recondition used compressors and dryers. You also need to make sure they stand by their equipment. Some questions to ask:
- Has the equipment been reconditioned and certified to be in working order, or is it being sold “as is”?
- What kind of guarantee does the dealer offer?
- Will they help you troubleshoot if you run into problems with the equipment after installation? Can they provide parts if something needs to be replaced?
- Can the dealer provide any history for the machine? E.g., approximately how many hours has it been run? Are there any known defects or problems?
Make sure you have the opportunity to see and hear the used air compressor or air dryer before purchasing. Find out everything you can about the machine’s age, runtime and condition.
The Fluid-Aire Dynamics Used Compressed Air Equipment Guarantee
At Fluid-Aire Dynamics, we stand behind our used compressed air equipment sales. We pride ourselves on service that is second to none, and we don’t stop until you are satisfied. Here’s what you can expect from us when buying used:
- Every used air compressor or air dryer is completely refurbished before resale. We go through a 45-point checklist to find and fix any problems that could impact performance. If a unit isn’t working to our satisfaction, we won’t sell it.
- Every used air compressor or air dryer we sell comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you have any problems with your equipment during this time, we’ll make it right or take it back.
- We have the expertise to help you troubleshoot any problems with your used compressed air equipment. We’ll work with you to solve any problems, source required parts and answer your questions.
Browse Our Used Compressed Air Equipment Catalog
We have many used air compressors and air dryers in stock right now. You can check out available models in the Fluid-Aire Dynamics Used Compressed Air Equipment Catalog.
Don’t see what you’re looking for? We get additional used models in frequently and always have several in queue waiting for their turn to be refurbished. Contact Aaron Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-678-8388 Ext 1005 to ask about specific models or learn about other units that are coming into our system.
Have a Used Air Compressor or Dryer to Sell or Trade In?
We accept used air compressed and air dryers for cash or as a trade-in on your new compressed air equipment purchase. Trade-in value will be determined by the age/runtime hours and working condition of the equipment. Contact us for more information.